There are lots of ways to dress margaritas for your guest or to treat yourself to an evening cocktail. Whether you prefer to rim the entire glass or you like the look of dressing one side of the glass, achieving this look is almost as easy as serving an Uptown Wine Cocktail. Follow the below instructions to learn how to dress a margarita.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A saucer with the sugar, spice, or salt of choice
- A Lime wedge
- A cocktail glass or margarita glass
Pour your sugar, spice, or salt mixture onto a saucer and cut a lime wedge.
To rim the entire glass
- Slice a slit into the lime wedge.
- Run the lime wedge along the rim of the glass through the slit.
- Flip over the glass and roll the rim of the glass in the sugar or salt mix until you’ve completely covered the rim.
- Place ice cubes in the glass and pour in the Uptown Wine Cocktails Margarita, Strawberry Margarita or Mango Margarita.
To only rim one side of the glass
- Rub the lime wedge along the surface of the glass that you would like to be covered by salt or sugar.
- Roll the portion of the glass covered in lime juice into the salt or sugar mix until you’ve completely covered the area desired.
- Use a napkin to clean up any excess sugar or salt around the edge of this area.
- Place ice cubes in the glass and pour in the Uptown Wine Cocktails Margarita.
To finish off the margarita, add a fruit wheel such as lime or lemon. If you’d like to forego the citrus wheel, you can also dust the top of your cocktail with a dash of chile salt for a little spice or thinly slice a few peppers for an added kick. Chunks of fruit in the cocktail are also a great option if you’d like to skip the spice. The possibilities are endless.